Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Living in God's grace

Galatians 3
I can get very judgmental and point my finger at the many religions that set up a whole list of rules to attain salvation and ignore grace, the essence of the Christian faith. But Paul points his finger at me when he gives me notice that I am failing to live by grace and have fallen back into trying to gain God's approval by works. "After starting your Christian lives in the Spirit, why are you now trying to become perfect by your own human effort?"
This maybe the most difficult aspect of the Christian faith to live out. I can accept that I'm saved by God's grace but it is much more difficult to understand that same grace will continue to shape me into the likeness of Christ. I don't need to fear, or feel guilty, or be anxious for anything if I'm resting in Christ's love and grace. Why is this so hard to live out?

Posted via web from John Walter's Life Stream

No comments:

Created uniquely in God’s image

In the beginning God created mankind in his own image. In the image of God, He created them male and female.  Genesis 12:26 All men and wome...