Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The immeasurable riches of Gods grace

In these incredible scriptures, Paul continues to remind the Ephesians and us today that all we have in Christ comes by God’s grace.For by grace you have been saved through faith, not of your own doing, it is the gift of God.  And then he adds the reason God created us and the reason for the gift of grace, our purpose for this life on earth; to do goods works for Jesus.When I get off course and begin to be overly concerned about myself, my happiness, my comfort, my security, this verse reminds me that His purpose for me is to glorify God by loving God and others.He blesses me not so I will be happy, but so that I may bless others.  And that it is accomplished not by my power or strength but through his grace and the power of the Holy Spirit.God, may I surrender my will to you today and allow me to be your vessel to bring the light of the gospel to those I encounter today!

No comments:

Created uniquely in God’s image

In the beginning God created mankind in his own image. In the image of God, He created them male and female.  Genesis 12:26 All men and wome...