Saturday, May 29, 2010

Two principles for winning the battle

In Ephesians 6,after Paul encourages me on how to live he reminds me that I have all that I need to live the life God calls me to live. Sometimes Christians fall into the trap of the "former life thinking"...I am a sinner therefore I sin. However, as a new creation in Christ, I am no longer a sinner but I am now a saint. I have the power to overcome any temptation. I don't have to sin anymore. Paul instructs us to do two things. !. To prepare for battle. Stay in constant communication to God, read your Bible and absorb truth, have faith enough to obey Him in every decision. Before the trials come, be grounded and prepared. 2. When the storm hits, stand firm. Don't fear and run to things that you might have run to in the past. Hold your ground, trust God and do the right thing which most of the time is the most difficult choice. Two simple directives that can make all the difference in the world for us.

Posted via web from John Walter's Life Stream

No comments:

Created uniquely in God’s image

In the beginning God created mankind in his own image. In the image of God, He created them male and female.  Genesis 12:26 All men and wome...